For Immediate Release:
Joint release party celebrates the best in Calgary music and film.
Overview: On Thursday October 22, 2009 Flames Central will host an evening celebrating some of the best in Calgary music and film. A joint release party will mark the release of local rock band Static in the Stars’ new EP No Grace in Goodbyes and the inaugural North American screening of the new short film The Service. Local rockers Pure City and legendary 80’s cover band Broken Toyz will join in the festivities. This event will bring together some of the stars in the Calgary film and music scenes and showcase Calgary as a world class entertainment city, all in the premiere entertainment venue.
The Service: Thomas Highe is the kind of guy every woman dreams about. But, when he gets dumped by his shrewd wife a mysterious ‘Service’ offers to have her eliminated. After he mistakenly agrees, it’s a race to stop them before it’s too late. Starring Kent Speakman, Paulina Chmielecka, Tye Evans, Rob Swiderski and Alison Wandzura, “The Service” was produced by Scott Carpenter, directed by Dave Barton, and written by Peter Skagen. Shot on location in Calgary, “The Service” is exceptionally high in production value, and features an original score by PJ Serediuk, and CG effects by Darren Northcott. The film was shot during evenings and weekends, entirely by Alberta actors, and crew.
For more information; http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Service/40281790913
No Grace in Goodbyes was produced by Tommy Mac from Hedley, engineered by Juno nominated Dean Maher (AC/DC, Elton John, Bryan Adams, Nickleback, Rise Against, Chevelle, Trapt, Atreyu) and mastered by Chris Potter (Sarah Mclaughlin, Run DMC, Cranberries). Rest assured that there will be star power galore on the red carpet of this event and surely is not to be missed.
- This will be the first North American screening of The Service.
- CD release of new Static in the Stars EP No Grace in Goodbyes, featuring a live performance by Static in the Stars.
- Video shoot for the first single Lost Vegas off of No Grace in Goodbyes.
- Broken Toyz close the show with their highly entertaining set of 80’s hair metal.
- Local rockers Pure City will open the show.
Static in the Stars
Static in the Stars is a five-piece rock and roll band based out of Calgary, AB. Combining 80′s cock rock with modern influences like Anberlin and the Foo Fighters they have created a new brand of straight ahead rock and roll that sets no boundaries and takes no prisoners. The band has one goal and that is to deliver rock and roll back to the masses. In the past year Static in the Stars have drastically increased their profile. They shared the stage with acts such as Pearl Jam, Wintersleep, K-OS and Billy Talent at Virgin Festival Alberta 2009. They just completed a cross Canada tour, during which they showcased at Indie Music Week 2009 in Toronto and they showcased at Junofest 2008, opened for Twisted Sister during the Calgary Stampede, won the semi-finals of the Fuel 90.3 Big Rock Star Competition and the Ceilis Canada Day Rock Fest, received radio play on X92.9, Fuel 90.3, 100.3 The Bear, licensed their song “Lost Vegas” for the film “The Service” and caught the attention of Tommy Mac from Hedley. Their new album “No Grace in Goodbyes” was produced by Tommy Mac from multi-platinum recording artists Hedley, engineered by Juno nominated Dean Maher (Elton John, AC/DC, Slayer, Rise Against, Chevelle, Atreyu) and mastered by Chris Potter (Sarah MacLachlan, Run DMC, The Cranberries, Rufus Wainright, Delirium). Set for a September 2009 release it will showcase Static in the Stars unique brand of rock and roll.
STATIC IN THE STARS
- Performance at Virgin Fest Alberta August 8, 2009
- Showcase spot at Indie Music Week in Toronto, ON, October 2009
- No Grace in Goodbyes EP- August 2009 Release – Produced by Tommy Mac from Hedley
- Engineered and mixed by Juno nominated Dean Maher (AC/DC, Elton John, Bryan Adams, Nickleback, Rise Against, Chevelle, Trapt, Atreyu)
- Mastered by Chris Potter (Sarah Mclaughlin, Run DMC, Cranberries)
- Drums performed by Harvey J. Warren (One show with Motley Crue, Econoline Crush, One 900)
- Fuel 90.3 Big Rock Star Competition Finalists, 2008
- Ceilis Canada Day RockFest winners, 2008
- Junofest 2008 Showcase
- Opened for Twisted Sister, July 2008
- Featured radio play on X92.9 Project Punk, Fuel 90.3 16th Ave shows
- 30 min live set broadcast to air on the Fuel 90.3 Bootlegger Series
- Headliner at the Big Brothers and Big Sisters Big Sound Benefit concert, sponsored by X92.9
- Lost Vegas featured in short film “The Service” (October 2009)