Event features presentations by the LAPD, survivor of sex trafficking and local performing artists.
Los Angeles, CA (August 14, 2015) – A prominent collective of Hollywood’s best writers, artists, directors, and anti-trafficking experts have joined forces to spark mainstream awareness about human sex trafficking American children, at an event in Los Angeles August 29.
The event will raise money in part for a short-form television series of compelling, entertaining content called The Hidden Tears Project, and one of its charity partners Saving Innocence. The five-part series will push the boundaries of filmmaking for its pioneering use of narrative, documentary, dance, animation and virtual reality.
Over 700,000 people worldwide are bought and exploited for forced labor or commercial sex every year. 50% of those people are children. The average age of sex trafficking victims in Los Angeles is 12, however in cases of trafficking overseas, children as young as four-years old are targeted.
The Hidden Tears Project seeks to raise a minimum of $50,000 toward production of the films and to donate directly to Saving Innocence, to support local educational, rescue and treatment efforts and inspire massive public action to eradicate sex trafficking.
You are invited to the Hidden Tears Project launch party:
When: August 29, 2015
Where: Sofitel Hotel – 8555 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90048
Time: Red Carpet begins at 7:30pm, Program begins 8:15pm
- Cher Calvin, KTLA 5 News Anchor
- Monique Marvez, Comedienne
- Maria Suarez, Sex Trafficking Survivor
- Andre Dawson, LAPD/FBI Human Trafficking Unit (HTU), Innocence Lost Task Force, Los Angeles Metropolitan Human Trafficking Task Force
- Scott Ross – Producer/Virtual Reality, known for visual effects in ‘Titanic’ (1997)
- Valerie McCaffrey – Casting Director, known for casting ‘American History X’ (1998)
- Deborah del Prete – Producer, known for ‘Ender’s Game’ (2013)
On-Site Media Opportunities:
Interviews from 7:30pm- 8:15pm with;
- Jordan Marinov & Jason Gurvitz, Co-Founders/Producers of the Hidden Tears Project
- Maria Suarez, survivor of sex trafficking/Founder of Maria Suarez Foundation
- Kathy Eldon, Founder of Creative Visions
RSVP: Media must be accredited prior to attendance. Please contact Emily at email@example.com.
ABOUT HIDDEN TEARS PROJECT – The Hidden Tears Project is a short-form television series and social movement created to spark mainstream awareness about the sex trafficking and organ harvesting of American children. A collective of notable artists, directors, producers and anti-trafficking experts have joined forces to bring the human sex trafficking conversation to the forefront, to eradicate this epidemic happening on American shores. For more information, visit www.hiddentearsproject.org.
For media enquiries: